Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Pro
As we head in to this project I want you to reflect on some ways in which you envision yourself and your group approaching the project. This is to be a positive response (no complaints). I want you to tell what you think of some effective strategies you might want to implement in order to make this project a success. Remember to post your name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This project provides an excellent opportunity for working with my classmates. I enjoy group projects. I'm actually looking forward to this assignment! I envision the members of my group as being able to work well together. I think that we will finish with a good result due to the work that we will put in. Every person in the group is going to bring something different into the equation. Each of us has a different personality and way of doing things. I hope that these distinctions between us will be a majority of what makes our finished presentation interesting.
ReplyDeleteThere are dozens of ways in which we could approach this group project. I think the most effective way of tackling this assignment would be to allow every member of the group to suggest his or her ideas. Obviously, individual work will have to be implemented by each of us. The literature will require reflection and reading outside of class time. Every person's thoughts should be recognized and considered. If all the group-members will do their part, we can all collaborate together and find answers. Once we reach the point of creating our power-point, work from every person is going to be crucial in order to make my group's project a success. If everyone has a job to do and does it well, there is no reason that the project should not have a positive outcome.
Victoria Tindol
I believe this group project will be a great adventure for all of us. I envision that my group and I will approach this project with an open mind. I would like for us to all contribute to the group and for all of us to work hard. I would also like for us to use our class time efficiently. I believe we all need to share our opinions, so we can see all different views of the stories. So far, we have made a schedule to read the stories outside of class and discuss them during classtime to help everyone have a better understanding of the stories. My hope is this will help all members of my group to understand the stories on a deeper level.
ReplyDeleteOne of strategies we wil use is taking notes on the disasters we see in each story along the way to prepare the powerpoint. Also, we decided to read historical matter on disasters in the 18th century to help us understand what we are looking for. Also, everyone contributing their opinions is very important to the progress of the group. I believe this will be a great help to us as we head off to college as many professors at universities apply this method of teaching. In addition, it will be interesting to hear the other groups' approach on the same subject matter. All in all, I am hopeful that this process will not only help us understand the literature better, but will teach us to work in different situations.
Leah Robbins
I think this project will be a great learning experience for all of us. I am very glad we are doing something that will better prepare us for college classes. This project will help me figure out how to manage my time and read in a way that will get me a good grade on the quizzes. I believe my group will do well on this project as long as we work together.
ReplyDeleteSome stragies I would like to implement within my team are just the basic teamwork skills. I want to listen to all the ideas that people have to present and take them into consideration with the group. Each member should be actively involved in every decision the group makes. A team schedule or calendar will be used to help keep every member on track and knowledgable. The schedule will also hold members accountable for literature that each member must read and clarify any ambiguities with instructions. This project will help and prepare each team member for the college years to come.
Halli Spraggins
I believe my group will approach this with a lot of organization and structure. We have come up with plans already for the three weeks and although not all group members were present, I believe we are organized enough to easily convey our plans to them.
ReplyDeleteI want to not only continue to be structured and organized, but follow through with our plans and help keep everyone on the same page. I also want to make sure that everyone in my group feels included and will feel comfortable enough to speak up if they have an idea or an opinion about something. We are a team and I want us to stay like that and work as a team.
Bekah Tomlin
I think my group will be extremely organized and task oriented. This project will give my group a better understanding of what college is like and what to expect from college classes. I hope my group approaches the project with an open mind and a good attitude, that is the only way efficient work will get done.
ReplyDeleteAn effective strategie for my group would be to give everyone an assigned task. With an assigned task, everyone in the group would know exactly what they needed to be doing and when it needed to be done. Another way to unify our group would to not let one person do less than the others, we are a team so therefore we should be equal.
Taylor Landeros
I am very excited about my group and the project. My group’s project is “class distinction” and I know that, that topic will be fun to learn and talk about. My group members are Caesar, Ann, Bekka, Tabitha, Lenora, and myself. As far as I see it this is a great group and I am very excited to see how it turns out. I know that we have strong readers and strong computer nerds to make an awesome PowerPoint like Caesar and I haha. I really do like the thought of having a project like this and I can’t wait to see how everyone does.
ReplyDelete-Bryan Lewis
i think we all need to go into it with an open mind and a positive attitude. I like my group and I think that we are going to get along really well and get stuff done. I think we all nee to make sure we read the material and help each other when we don't understand things. I can see it being a good idea to split up the material and each person be responsible for finding our theme.
ReplyDeleteSara Kate Luttrell
im pretty excited about my group project. i usually dont understand what we r reading in class and since we are in groups we will be able to diguss our reading material so mayne i will actually understand. i think that it gives everyone a chance to contribute to our group by giving thier own ideas.i would like for us to use our class time well and not goof around. we have decided as a group to do most reading outside of class and have a discussion over the reading the next day. we have decided to ttake our own notes and then whe bnwe discuss with the stories with our groups we can add to our notes and hopefully get a better understanding of the reading.
ReplyDeleteI think that this project is very exciting, and I think that getting a many different views on the literature will give us a fuller understanding of the assignments. I think that my group will have to be very organized to work well together, and we will have to be open-minded as well.
ReplyDeleteI think there are many different ways to do this project successfully, but mostly I think that the group should be open to others ideas and be willing to give their input on what they think. This will allow a very open way of learning and, in my opinion, be very success full.
Blair Hand
I think this project is pretty cool because we are working in groups. This project is going to do a lot for me because I work better in groups. This is also going to help me in college.
ReplyDeleteI want to make my group more efficient by presenting new ideas. And I want to read all the stories. I want to use my new knowledge to help my group make a good project.
I envision my group approaching this project with great enthusiasm. We will have the opportunity to prepare an assignment that can be fun and informative at the same time. We will learn to work with others very closely in understanding how each person thinks, their likes, and dislikes during this time together.
ReplyDeleteThe effective strategies would first be to listen, work hard, and communicate our ideas to one another. We all learn differently and can take ideas from each person to make a very successful project. I believe working with Microsoft Power Point will give everyone a great visual of our thoughts. Being able to see something should give us all a better picture of what it is that each group is teaching.
Tabitha Howell
This project provides the students with a group environment which will be a new way for us to work together. We will gain a better understanding of this literature by having the ability and time to discuss the material with one another and hear each other's opinions on it.
ReplyDeleteIn order for this project to be a success, my group has decided to do most of the reading out of class, and use in class time as an efficient place to discuss the material we have gone over so that we may each have a better understanding of what we had read the night before. Our strategies will include the following: encouraging everyone to participate actively by taking notes and sharing their thoughts on the literature, explaining concepts to those in the group who do not understand, and helping to make each individual to feel included in the project by having time for each person to say what they think. I am looking foreword to the time in class i spend each day working on this project.
Caroline Campbell
Caroline
I believe this class project is a great way for everyone to work together and find different ways for things to work. My team has a good workout plan and everyone knows what they are suppose to do. We have marked on our calendar when certain stories should be read and we will decuss it on a different day. I feel that my group is very organized and will succeed in this in this project.
ReplyDeleteThere are many different ways to approach this projec. I beleive each taam should have leader who directs the teams. I also beileve everyone should participate because its a group project and everyone is needed. I believe a mapped out plan is successful as well. Knowing when everything is due and having a set date will bring organization. Iam exicted to have my peers tach me and hope my team will do a good job!
lenora Taylor
This project will require hard work in a very different environment. So far I see this as a challenge in several different ways.
ReplyDeleteI'm a very independent student. I like doing my own work and working my hardest. Usually in groups I get overwhelmed and feel like I'm doing work for the other group members if they slack. I tend to pile the responsibility on myself to finish the project and make sure the project is completely thoroughly and correctly.
I appreciate the teacher regulation of the project. I feel that the teacher evaluation will help keep the responsibility from being heaped on one group member's shoulders. This will only effect this problem if the group members actually care if their grade is subpar, but hopefully they will be inspired to do the work to the best of their abilities for three weeks.
Its hard for me to sit back and have to rely on other peoples' work to reflect my personal grade accurately, but I realized that I am being graded as a result of this group for a reason. I can learn how to express my ideas and thoughts to the group, while also taking insight from other group members and learning new ideas and perspectives on both the literature and on poverty in 18th century Britain.
Although this project will definitely be out of my comfort zone, I am anxious to try new things and do my best to work as an effective group member.
Katie Cheek
I believe this group project can prepare me for college study and for future career as the project requires students to manage their time, communicate with each other, work as a team and contribute during discussion, researching, reading and presentation. Since I always work as an individual through my whole life, I envision that I am able to share my thoughts and ideas of what I learned and found through researching and reading from literatures. And for English is my second language, I envision that I can learn more about English through the project. As in the group, I envision that everyone in the group will work hard and have responsibilities and self- discipline (which I don’t have), so we can have good results on presentations, quizzes and test.
ReplyDeleteI think the most efficient way in a group project is to have someone to step up to be a leader to organize works from teammates and set up deadlines to require them to turn in their works, the leader also need to make sure teammates are working and putting efforts on their works.
Caesar Tang